24 Hour Emergency Services
Yampa Valley Medical Center’s Emergency Department (ED) is a Level IV trauma center. We serve everyone within our community and the surrounding region who requires emergency care, as well as visitors from around the world.
The ED maintains 24-hour emergency services that meet the needs of acutely ill patients of all ages, including:
- Patient assessment and treatment directed by physician orders, hospital and departmental policies, and Emergency Nursing Association (ENA) standards.
- Patient safety
- Patient education and discharge planning
- Therapeutic and diagnostic procedures
- Medication administration
- Transfer, if necessary, to the appropriate tertiary care center
Care in the ED is provided by board-certified emergency physicians, registered nurses, and EMT/ED techs. Care is supported by on-call physicians, on-call specialists, respiratory therapists, and 24-hour lab and radiology staff. The nursing process, medical model and multidisciplinary approach are used to assess and meet patient care needs.