Saturday, September 20
Read more about the blood tests offered at all health fair events.
Blood test pricing:
- Health Profile $35 (Cholesterol, glucose, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone, liver function, kidney function, electrolytes, iron)
- Complete Blood Count $15 (white blood cell count, red blood cell count, hemoglobin, platelet, etc)
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) $30 for men only.
- Hemoglobin A1C $25 (measures average blood glucose, helpful for diabetes management)
Blood test instructions:
- Please fast for 12 hours prior to your blood test. Drink plenty of water. (Black coffee and tea are OK, but NO milk, sugar or honey)
- If you have diabetes, please call the YVMC Diabetes Education Program at (970) 870-1048 for fasting recommendations for an accurate blood test.
- Take prescribed medications as directed.
- Blood test results will be mailed to you within 2 weeks of your blood draw. **Results will not be mailed to your healthcare provider.
- Add-on blood tests are highly discouraged after you have registered.
- We cannot accept special physician orders for additional non-health fair related lab tests.
Flu Shots & Vaccinations:
Northwest Colorado VNA will be at each of our events offering flu vaccinations and more. Click here for more information.
2014 Health Screenings, Education and Safety Events for The Family Health & Safety Fair
Saturday, September 20
(Updated regularly prior to the Family Health & Safety Fair)
- NEW this year! FREE Family Pancake Breakfast!
- Advance Directives & Living Wills- YVMC Ethics Committee
- Al Anon
- Bike Safety - Ski Haus
- Blood Clot Risk-YVMC Pharmacy
- Blood pressure - YVMC Nursing
- Body in Balance Screening - SportsMed at YVMC
- Breast Health - YVMC Gloria Gossard Breast Health Center
- Child Identification- Grand Futures
- Child Passenger Seat checks-Colorado State Patrol
- Concussions & Kids and Allergies & Asthma- Pediatrics of Steamboat Springs
- Dental Screening - McCreight Progressive Dentistry
- Dog Bite Education - Humane Society
- Drunk Driving - Colorado State Patrol
- Firearms Safety - Routt County Sheriff's Department
- Fire Extinguisher Training-Steamboat Fire Department
- Fire Safety House - Routt County Fire Department
- Gut Check - YVMC
- Hearing Screen - Northwest Hearing
- Heeling Friends animal visits
- Integrated Health Services-YVMC Integrated Health
- Joint Replacement - New Mobility Joint Replacement program
- Living Well with Diabetes - YVMC Diabetes Education Program
- Lung Function Screening - YVMC Respiratory Therapy
- Medicare Counseling-Routt County Council on Aging
- Mental Health- Mind Springs Health
- myChart Patient Portal information-YVMC
- Nutrition Services - YVMC
- Skin Checks - Dermatology Center of Steamboat Springs
- Teenage Alcohol Abuse - Grand Futures
- Vision screening (adult) - Mountain Eyeworks
- Vision screening (children) - Lions Club
- Water Safety & Life Jackets for Kids - Steamboat & Pearl Lake state Parks - Park Ranger vehicle, Patrol Boat & meet Talon the Red Tail Hawk mascot
Special visits from:
St. Anthony's Flight for Life Colorado helicopter
Classic Air Medical.