Saturday, September 20
Registration is open for Early Blood Draw Appointments!
Early Blood Draw Appointments are offered in advance of the Family Health & Safety Fair.
September 9th-12th, 7 a.m.-10 a.m. each day
Registration and pre-payment required.
Read more about the blood tests offered at all health fair events.
Blood test pricing:
- Health Profile $35 (Cholesterol, glucose, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone, liver function, kidney function, electrolytes, iron)
- Complete Blood Count $15 (white blood cell count, red blood cell count, hemoglobin, platelet, etc)
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) $30 for men only.
- Hemoglobin A1C $25 (measures average blood glucose, helpful for diabetes management)
Blood test instructions:
- Please fast for 12 hours prior to your blood test. Drink plenty of water. (Black coffee and tea are OK, but NO milk, sugar or honey)
- If you have diabetes, please call the YVMC Diabetes Education Program at (970) 871-2352 for fasting recommendations for an accurate blood test.
- Take prescribed medications as directed.
- Blood test results will be mailed to you within 2 weeks of your blood draw. **Results will not be mailed to your healthcare provider.
Flu Shots & Vaccinations:
Northwest Colorado VNA will be at each of our events offering flu vaccinations and more.
Proposed Health Screenings Education and Safety Events for Saturday, September 20
Click here for our Events Calendar.
(Updated reguarly prior to the Family Health & Safety Fair)
- 5-2-1-0 Community Challenge - LiveWell Colorado
- Advance Directives & Living Wills- YVMC Ethics Commitee
- AED training - YVMC
- Allergy & Asthma education - Northwest Colorado Ear, Nose & Throat Clinic
- Backcountry Safety - Routt County Search & Rescue
- Bicycle Safety - Ski Haus
- Blood Clot Risk-YVMC Pharmacy
- Blood pressure - YVMC & CNCC nursing program
- Body in Balance Screening - SportsMed at YVMC
- Breast Health-YVMC
- Child Identification- Grand Futures
- Child Passenger Seat checks-Colorado State Patrol
- Concussions & Kids and Allergies & Asthma- Pediatrics of Steamboat Springs
- Dental Screening - Steamboat Family Aesthetic Dentristry
- Drunk Driving - Colorado State Patrol
- Emergency Preparedness - Visiting Nurse Association
- Fatal Vision Goggles-YVMC
- Firearms Safety - Routt County Sheriff's Department
- Fire Extinguisher Training-Steamboat Fire Department
- Fire Safety House - Routt County Fire Department
- Foot Screening - Steamboat Podiatry Clinic
- Gut Check - YVMC
- Hearing Screen - Northwest Hearing
- Heeling Friends animal visits
- Integrated Health Services-YVMC Integrated Health
- Joint Replacement - New Mobility Joint Replacement program
- Lung Function Screening - YVMC Respiratory Therapy
- Medicare Counseling-Routt County Council on Aging
- Mental Health- Mind Springs Health
- Nutrition Services - YVMC
- Pediatric Therapies - YVMC Pediatric Therapy Services
- Psoriasis Education- Psoriasis Patient Advocate
- Routt County Communication Van
- Skin Checks - Northwest Colorado ENT, Dermatology Center of Steamboat Springs, Steamboat Springs Plastic Surgery Center
- Teenage Alcohol Abuse - Grand Futures
- Vision screening (adult) - Mountain Eyeworks
- Vision screening (children) - Lions Club
Special visits from:
St. Anthony's Flight for Life Colorado helicopter & St. Mary's Sadie the Safety Saurus!